[parisc-linux] 2.5.56-pa0 64bit successful boot

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 19:13:06 -0700

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 02:10:41AM +0100, Thibaut VARENE wrote:
> FWIW, SMP kernel with the exact same configuration died just at:
> POSIX conformance testing by UNIFIX

I looked at the dmesg you had attached. Please don't compress
them in the future - defeats archive searches later.

The dmesg output reminded me the init sequence has substantially changed.
I'd be very susicious that additional CPUs are brought "online" later than
before.  I would guess that arch/parisc/kernel/smp.c and processor.c
needs to be changed to match. Can you retry CONFIG_SMP with
EARLY_BOOTUP_DEBUG enabled in arch/parisc/kernel/pdc_cons.c?

Oh, and also set kDEBUG in arch/parisc/kernel/smp.c to 100.

thanks,
grant