[parisc-linux] upgrading kernel

Peter Lavender plaven@bigpond.net.au
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 22:02:19 +1100

* Randolph Chung (randolph@tausq.org) wrote:

> > Is upgrading the kernel for a stable system the same as for i386?  I
> > haven't done this with debian before.. but I'm sure there's something
> > debian about doing it.. :)
> >
> > I'll find the relevant doco.. just want to know if it's the same for
> > the HPPA stuff.
>
> Check out the "Kernel installation" section of the parisc linux boot
> howto
>
> http://pateam.esiee.fr/parisc-linux-boot/PA-RISC-Linux-Boot-HOWTO/kernelinstall.html

Thanks... this outlines what to do with a custom kernel.. I was
thinking there might be a debian way... like with kernel-packages (I
just reading up about it now for my i386 based system).

The kernel on the 715/64 is from last year sometime ago... I can get
the kernel version with uname becuase it seg faults.

Pete
:wq