[parisc-linux] Re: floating point exception error

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 00:10:05 -0700

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 10:16:38PM -0800, Randolph Chung wrote:
> so, i wonder:
> 1) why those numbers? (where is it documented?)

no clue - PDC calls don't document that?

> 2) is there a special way to read that fpu type from the fpu?

yes. PDC can tell you the FPU model. I'll have to look up the call.
I had the impression it was better to use FP info to identify the CPU model
than the other PDC info - but what we have seems to work.

> or do we use boot_cpu_data.cpu_type?
Maybe the same call returns both CPU and FPU identifiers.
Don't recall offhand. If someone doesn't know offhand,
I'll look it up.

grant