[parisc-linux] ibm-disk on a hp 735/125

Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:47:57 -0500 (EST)

> But now I want to replace the disk with a larger 4,3GB ibm dcas-34330
> disk, but I can't get it be detected by the system, I think i used the
> same jumper settings as on the old seagate drive.
> at the search for potential boot devices nothing appears.

If the ibm drive is not high-voltage differential, you can probably get
a wide to narrow adapter and put it at the end of the narrow SE bus.
Plugging a non-differential drive into a differential bus is not supposed
to damage anything but it does completely disable the bus drivers of
all devices on the bus ;-)

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca