[parisc-linux] E35 support

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@gmx.at
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 23:31:46 +0100

Hello,

I think you have to wait - as I have to do!

Our Exx machines have absolutly low priority !
All older machines (eg 700er series) or all top new machies
are supported under Linux. For both, there is enough documentation
available.

On the Exx machines (and other series) HP used own-made hardware
(including own-made chips) and there is no available docu.

I wait for an NDA to get HP-UX code, I am waiting, waiting .....
The first driver sceleton has no success. No access to the chip
was possible.

I hope, there is a new day when we are continue hacking on those
drivers !!

What I can say:
At the moment is my spare time very small !

BUT, I want to have my E55 full running - I like this machine and
I want to help here in the development.

When I have more time again, I will do another offensive for getting
code and have assitence in that job ...

Christoph