[parisc-linux] 2.4.20-pa27 64bits smp problem!

Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:17:18 -0500 (EST)

> I remove the cast so that in asm-parisc/spinclok_t.h
> #ifndef CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK
> #define SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED { 1 }
> #else
>
> #define SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED { 1, 0L, 0L }

You probably don't need the 0's.  When there a fewer initializers in a brace
enclosed list than there are elements or members of an aggregate, they are
implicitly initialized the same as objects that have static storage duration.

> but it breacks many code else where fork.c, raid1.c, raid5.c,...
> where it is easy to recast.

Glibc linuxthreads defines two initializers in the pthread code, one
using compound literals and the other using standard initializer lists.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca