[parisc-linux] B2000 revisited

Joel Soete jsoe0708@tiscali.be
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:48:55 +0100

The
>>load isn't complete as yet so I will have to see if XFree works once it's
>>complete.
>
>If you could see (even if you boot from a serial console) a penguin on your
>graphical screen, it is very good.
>Grab a XF86Config-4 config file (may be change the definition and depth
according
>to the dmesg info about ... stifb 1288*1024-8)

May be in much details:

in your dmesg you should find
STI device: INTERNAL...
fb0: stifb 1280*1024-8 frame buffer device
           ^^^^^^^^^ ^

If your device is well supported (if not it would tell it),
in the XF86Config-4, you should match in Section "Screen" your actual DefaultDepth
with here 8 (from -8 above) and in the corresponding SubSection "Display"
your actual Modes: here 1280*1024 (and only this; switching is not possible)

hth,
    Joel

>Good luck,
>    Joel