[parisc-linux] 2.4.20-pa27 64bits smp problem!

Joel Soete jsoe0708@tiscali.be
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 18:00:42 +0100

>>> sched.c:93: (near initialization for `tasklist_lock')
{
>>(spinlock_t)
>>> {1}, 0 };
>>>
>>> What's wrong?
>>
>>looks like gcc broke this again.  for the moment, you can try taking
>>out the casts.
As struct spinlock_t is defined like:

typedef struct {
#ifdef CONFIG_PA20
        volatile unsigned int lock;
#else
        volatile unsigned int __attribute__((aligned(16))) lock;
#endif
#ifdef CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK
        volatile unsigned long owner_pc;
        volatile unsigned long owner_cpu;
#endif
} spinlock_t;

I take care to unset CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK (make menu) and so change in sched.c

#define RW_LOCK_UNLOCKED (rwlock_t) { { 1 } , 0 }

The good news was that I reach to compile the kernel :)
The bad one was that this kernel failled to boot :(

(As this N stand in a computer room, it is not easy to access the console
to grab more info :( , sorry)

Well, doesn't matter, I am already enough happy to be able to boot and work
with a N (even in up).

Thanks again for advises,
    Joel