[parisc-linux] boot console wrong.

Nahkola Mikko mnahkola@trinms01.ntc.nokia.com
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:33:13 +0200

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 06:26:47AM -0900, ext Tom wrote:

> > >     I have installed Debian through this console, and would like to play
> > > with it the usual way now ;o)

> > Um ... "path console graphics" could be a good starting point. It
> > probably tells you that "graphics" isn't a good path and shows a list of
> > what could be, but that's almost as good.

> "path console graphics(0)" sets the console to the built-in video on my
> C180; graphics(x) (where x is the slot number as printed on the back of
> the case) sets it to the video card in that slot...

Well ... yes. (I just had to set a B180L to mode 12 on graphics(0)
manually from the serial console as that seems to be the only way to make
it work with an A4033A with the usual 3-BNC cable.)

Now that I think about it ... I probably had to use pci(4) or some such
once on a C360 but then again that one didn't have a built-in adapter.

Oh, and really, my Linux-running C240 still has the console on serial -
_and_ X and a bunch of virtual terminals also available on the graphics
card.

--
Mikko Nahkola   <mikko.nahkola@nokia.com>
Tre-IN sysadmin <mnahkola@trein.ntc.nokia.com>