[parisc-linux] local symbols appearing in objdump/nm output

Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:50:30 -0500 (EST)

> nm and objdump both output local symbols from vmlinux.  this doesn't
> happen on x86 (how about other architectures?)  let me give an example:
>
> 101a2700 T ext2_get_group_desc
> 101a27b8 T ext2_free_blocks
> 101a2824 t .L773
> 101a28ec t .L873
> 101a2970 t .L887
> 101a2b48 t .L844
> 101a2bd8 t .L888
> 101a2be0 t grab_block

This would appear to be a problem with the specific toolset (gas)
that you are using.  For example, there are no .L[0-9] labels in
the .o files of my gcc builds, but I see them in traps.o, for
example.  In this case, traps.o was built with the 64-bit toolset
(probably, debian).

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca