[parisc-linux] pppd, pthread and hppa-linux question?

Carlos O'Donell carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:46:50 -0500

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 08:13:04AM -0800, Randolph Chung wrote:
> > All seems to work fine, never the less I notice some pppd messages which
> > I do not noticed on my i386 Debian GNU/Linux box:
> > Feb 10 17:34:57 fw01 pppd[1543]: read: Resource temporarily unavailable
> > Feb 10 17:34:57 fw01 pppd[1543]: read /dev/ppp: Resource temporarily unavailable
>
> this probably comes from apps that assume EAGAIN==EWOULDBLOCK. we need
> to probably fix this in glibc.... let's add it to Carlos' todo list! :-)

It's already in my TODO :)

-- snip --
- EWOULDBLOCK emulation
        = Is EWOULDBLOCK emulation required?
        = What happens if we alias EWOULDBLOCK as EAGAIN
        = from the kernel hearders?
        - Break HPUX compat?
-- snip --

As JDA notes we still have broken atomic functions in atomicity. Which
we are planning to fix with a light weight syscall.

c.