[parisc-linux] kernel compile

Aaron St. Pierre asp@ungod.com
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 01:43:28 -0500

Yea I missed that one. With this version of the firmware you have to
request the specific PIM, HPMC, LPMC, TOC. Anyway I got the the TOC
information for both processors after I tried to boot my kernel. It is
all on that page ( http://hadron.dyndns.org/parisc/ )

I also added a link to the firmware. I am running 2.0 of the firmware
and according to hp the most recent is 2.1 or :

Patch Name: /firmware_patches/hp/cpu/PF_CJ224021
Date       : 00/10/06

I will start popping stuff out of the kernel, although I am sure I took
out all of the stuff wrt graphics. Another try for persistance sake wont
hurt :)

As far as the palo message, i only started noticing it when I went to
v1.2 of palo. One thing I should note, when I set up / i made it ext3,
boot is off of / and not its own fs so when i realized what i did I just
changed fstab accordingly so it would mount as ext2, although that
couldn't be the problem either since it is loading the debian kernels.
Perhaps sleep is in order ?

:)