[parisc-linux] Tried to Install Debian 3r1 on C110, C180 and 2 712/60, no luck.

Thibaut VARENE varenet@esiee.fr
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 23:26:37 +0100

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003 13:34:24 -0800
"Adam Skaffloth" <adam.sk@groovy.ffloth.com> wrote:

> I downloaded the iso images from
> ftp://gsyprf10.external.hp.com/debian-cd/3.0_r0/hppa/
> I went back to check for the MD5 Checksums.
> They did not compare, but then I saw that the MD5SUM file was referencing
> i386 disks,
> under the hppa directory :)
the 3.0r0 ISO on pateam.esiee.fr has its checksum displayed on the website.

> Under ftp://ftp.parisc-linux.org/cd-images/testing/auto-isos/
> are a lot of test netinstalls,
> Is there any of them that are corresponfing to 3.0r0 ?
> Should I download the .iso image or is the lifimage to prefer ?
They all come from pateam.esiee.fr as well, and all feature the newest kernels and boot-floppies available, and are based on woody, so they would indeed correspond to 3.0r0.

The lifimages are only netbootable kernel images.

You would probably need the ISO to help a netinstal procedure.

Thibaut VARENE
The PA/Linux ESIEE Team
http://pateam.esiee.fr/