[parisc-linux] Tried to Install Debian 3r1 on C110, C180 and 2 712/60, no luck.

Adam Skaffloth adam.sk@groovy.ffloth.com
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 20:27:21 -0800

Hi !

I wonder if someone could give me a help in the right direction.
I have a C110, a C180 and 2 712/60.
C110 would boot fine until you get to the first menu, then the keyboard
would be out.
I have tried the previous tricks about disconnect/reconnect the keyboard,
but to no use.
The Visualize-EG in C180 seems not be working, seen threads about that,
so installed the Visualize-24 card from the C110 on the C180 and get the
same result.
Is this problem only related to the install or if I install using serial
console would it be a head-less machine = no use ?

I also read that their are no trouble with installing on 712/60.
I got 2, one with the second LAN/Serial Card (So I can use it as a FW).
Bot are starting but are hanging after the message:

The Installation Program is determining the current state
of your system and the next installation step that should
 be performed.

It hangs there forever on both boxes.

Anyone succeded with a install of Debian 3 on the above HW that could give
me a hand,
I am giving PA Risc a chance until I need to put the Sparc and the Intel
back into the plans.

/ Adam