[parisc-linux] audit for copyright/license

Joel Soete soete.joel at tiscali.be
Tue Dec 23 07:21:37 MST 2003

Hi Grant,

May I propose the following generic template:
/*
 *    Linux/PA-RISC Project (http://www.parisc-linux.org/)
 *    Copyright (C) <year>  <name of author>
 *
 *    This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 *    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
 *    the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
 *    (at your option) any later version.
 *
 *    This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
 *    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
 *    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
 *    GNU General Public License for more details.
 *
 *    You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
 *    along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
 *    Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307
 USA
 */

(replacing year and author's references if available)

Btw, I notice that 'FSF' address should also be updated into asm/parisc/math-emu
files?

hth,
    Joel

Thanks
>or digging that up - that's in fact what I was looking for.

We need to determine which files have:
a) no copyright
b) a non standard copyright
c) no license
d) a non standard license

You have time to prepare a patch for (b) and (d)?
Preferab
>y seperate patches.

If someone prepared a precise list of (a) and (c) I could start determining
who owns (a) for each file and add the appropriate copyright.
I or willy could ask for (c) get formal permission to use GPL if it's not
part of the cu
>rent team.

thanks,

Tiscali ADSL: 12 mois à 29,50 €/mois! L'Internet rapide, c'est pour tout
le monde.
http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr