[parisc-linux] Maximum RAM sizes on B1xxL, C1xx/C2xx

Paul Weissmann paul at doorslam.net
Fri Dec 19 02:28:14 MST 2003

Hello,
	I'm confused on the maximum RAM sizes systems like e.g.
B132L, C110, C200 can faciliate.

The C110 for example has eight SIMM slots, official HP manuals for
this system state that the maximum amount of RAM is 512MB, ie 8x64MB.
Other documents I found on the web state that this machine maxes out
at 2GB, ie 8x256MB.

There are HP 50/60ns EDO ECC SIMMs which would fit these machines in
sizes up to 256MB easily available to buy.

I suspect at the time of printing of the user/tech manuals, certain SIMM
sizes just weren't available.

So, concluding, does anyone here knows if there is a hard, tested
limit of RAM one can put and use in one of the following models:

 o B1xxL (6 slots),
 o C100/C110 (8 slots),
 o C132L/C160L (12 slots),
 o C160/C180 (12 slots),
 o C200/C240/C360 (12 slots).

Or, better, what would speak against populating all available slots
with 256MB SIMMs?

Thanks.

        - paul

--