[parisc-linux] Re: dlopen failed on 'libthread_db.so.1' -

Carlos O'Donell carlos at baldric.uwo.ca
Wed Dec 17 11:35:37 MST 2003

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 11:43:48AM -0500, John David Anglin wrote:
> > See:
> >
> > gdb/proc-service.c
> > gdb/gdbserver/proc-service.c
> >
> > *unless* You are insinuating that the loader has messed up the symbol
> > resolution and ps_pglobal_lookup exists but isn't resolved properly...
> > which is a whole 'nother can of wormns :)
>
> I'll take a look.  Based on what you have said, it's likely the gdb-6.0
> isn't being linked correctly on hppa-linux.  Debian gdb-6.0-2 doesn't
> build as is, and I had to make some minor mod's to the patch set and hack
> a config file to include linux-nat.o in the required files.

AFAIK there was major work required. I shy'd away completely as glibc
was taking up all my time and seemed like a better place to start :)

Current todo:

- Giving up on fixing dlopen from static app, too tough for me right
  now.
- Atomic ups are up next, with possibly a review of time functions,
  monotonicity and a fast gettimeofday.

c.