[parisc-linux] C180 - cannot get KDE nor Gnome get running

James Bottomley James.Bottomley at steeleye.com
Thu Dec 11 11:48:14 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 13:29, Achim Stolze wrote:
> Hello all!
> Woody is now running on my C180. But I cannot get KDE or Gnome started.
> I tried to configure XFree before starting XServer, but the command
> startx causes the error message
> "... XIO: fatal IO error 232 (connection reset by peer) on X Server ":0.0" after 0 requests ... with 0 events
> remaining."
>
> I am not sure which graphics driver I should use ...
>
> How can I get KDE running?

There were a number of compiler caused bugs in libXt that prevent it
from executing.

I can get gnome (and presumably kde) running happily on my B180, but
only if I use the debian testing release, which does have the fixed Xt
library.

The Xserver you should be using is the framebuffer one (and it *must* be
configured to match the STI framebuffer settings as output by the kernel
on boot up exactly).

James