[parisc-linux] [patch] Get superio serial to work with 2.6

Grant Grundler grundler at parisc-linux.org
Sun Dec 7 01:20:06 MST 2003

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 08:10:18PM -0800, Randolph Chung wrote:
> This patch is needed to get serial console to work on SuckyIO based
> systems on 2.6. It was mostly done by Grant (and willy, I think)
>
> Unfortunately it requires disabling some bits of code in inventory. What
> do you guys think?

My preference right now is to move those PDC calls into sba_cdio.c.
Then add hueristics that call PDC_IO_RESET_AND_CLEAR if suckyio/USB
is active or the LAN active. If suckyio serial console, then add code
to save/restore suckyio config space around the reset.

So quite a bit of hackery that's really only needed when the
IO MMU is actually used.

> Can someone try this on a suckyio system that has USB running?

hrm...I don't have the serial console setup at the moment.
I suggest plugging in a USB mouse and moving the mouse around
during boot. Not sure that's sufficient but maybe.

The USB/DMA problem occurs when booting with USB Keyboard/mouse
and not a serial console. Ie, until 2.6.0 boots with STICON
enabled, I can't really test the USB/DMA stuff.