[parisc-linux] 2.4.23 PCI source inconsistency

Grant Grundler grundler@parisc-linux.org
Thu Dec 4 05:45:50 MST 2003

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 04:50:38PM -0500, northern snowfall wrote:
> Hey all,
>    I compiled 2.4.23 from kernel.org for 32bit PA-RISC today
> and found that the PA-RISC specific PCI code seems to be out-
> of sync with the generic pci code.

As carlos said, use kernels from ftp.parisc-linux.org or pull
sources directly from cvs.parisc-linux.org.

> pci.c: In function `pcibios_init_bus':
> pci.c:310: structure has no member named `bridge_ctl'

I added this field to clean up FBB and VGA routing support.
"bridge_ctl" is a PCI-PCI Bridge register that controls
both of those behaviors. Ivan K. (ex PCI Maintainer) and I had it
working for parisc/ia32/alpha but apperently it never got
submitted/accepted into any official tree.

Russell King (ARM maintainer) found it useful anyway
and submitted it

	http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0208.0/0723.html

and later:
	http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2003-October/017459.html

Darn...looks like bridge_ctl didn't get pushed into 2.6 either. :^(
I'll follow up a bit offline.