[parisc-linux] Re: xchat colors

Grant Grundler grundler@parisc-linux.org
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 23:06:28 -0600

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 08:37:18AM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> Unstable's current XFree (4.2.1.1) "RENDER" extension (used for
> anti-aliasing IIRC) takes a _lot_ of colors for it's own (rumors I
> heared talked about > 200 IIRC)...

On this note I want to share solving my last problem with xchat
and 8-bit TrueColor. C3k doesn't have anything better at the moment.

The "couriour new" font was getting mangled colors as part of the
effort to anti-alias (what I assume is) a true-type or re-sized font.
Picking a bitmap font like "fixed" too take care of this.
Nice readable letters all in white.

hth,
grant