[parisc-linux] x86 on b2000

Grant Grundler grundler@parisc-linux.org
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:05:16 -0600

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 01:00:59AM -0400, Chuck Slivkoff wrote:
> >"integrated" != "soldered on the motherboard"
> >"built-in"   ~= "soldered on the motherboard"
>
> I've always used these interchangably.

I normally would too.
I don't anymore for HP products since hearing "factory integration"
regarding plug-in PCI cards.

> The B2000 is an exception. I participated in the Field Review of this
> box ("Kazoo", IIRC) & we have one of these in our lab in Roseville.
> This box was considered a "cheap" alternative to a C3000 with a smaller
> power supply, fewer PCI slots, fewer DIMM slots and integrated (see
> below) graphics. The FX-e is soldered on the motherboard.

ok - thanks - I've seen the fewer DIMM slots version but didn't
notice the FX-e on the motherboard (or VGA connector on the back).

I have seen a B2000 with 8 DIMM slots and 6 PCI slots like a C3000.
This is no prototype - a real production unit.
I'll have a chance to look more closely at this box again
in the near future and will take some pictures.

thanks for the correction,
grant