[parisc-linux] CD Not Mounted

Joel Soete jsoe0708@tiscali.be
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 08:45:00 +0200

>> On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 08:38:34PM +0100, mmogenius@v8fiesta.co.uk wrote:
>> I have a hp visualise b2000 and i am using debian 3.0 (woody)
>
>ok. This sounds like a known problem with the Debian 3.0r0
>install CDs. Did a Debian 3.0r1 installer ever get made?

You have right, the pb is well known and afaik not yet resolved: it seems
that pdc console and ide cdrom are not compatible (so have to install via
net-install or an external scsi drive if you have an additional scsi card.
then build your own kernel to access ide-cdrom). The system boot but early
hang on cd initialisation (the green led lighted continiously)

Excepted this detail, the b2k is a very interesting model with cpu PA8600
400Mhz :) and run kernel as well 32bits as 64bits :))

hth,
    Joel

Tiscali ADSL, seulement 35 eur/mois et le modem est inclus...abonnez-vous!
http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr