[parisc-linux] Re: [parisc-linux-cvs] linux carlos

Joel Soete jsoe0708@tiscali.be
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:21:43 +0200

>Lamont made a good catch and we optimized the standard case in the itlb
>fault fast path, keeping the CPU's forward branch prediction working in
>our favour.

That is the very fine state of the art :)

>As such our numbers for various syscalls (LMBENCH tests)
>have become more stable from call to call. The best number is our 'page
>fault' which has shown a ~10x speedup :) It used to be 130 microseconds
>+/- 100 microseconds, and is now consistently ~13 microseconds.

Congratulation, I will try it also on the N (64bits)

Thanks again,
    Joel

Tiscali ADSL, seulement 35 eur/mois et le modem est inclus...abonnez-vous!
http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr