xchat colors (Was Re: [parisc-linux] xfree86 4.2.1-9 build problem)

James Bottomley James.Bottomley@steeleye.com
15 Aug 2003 13:19:45 -0500

On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 12:21, Grant Grundler wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 10:26:38PM +0000, caslivkoff@speakeasy.net wrote:
> > Just to be sure this is indeed a colormap issue,
>
> Ok - it's a color map issue.
> I added some printf's to xchat-2.0.3/fe-gtk/palette.c:palette_alloc().
>
> I'll see how hard it is to teach xchat to use it's own color map.

Perhaps take Alan's suggestion instead...give the framebuffer a Direct
or True Colour visual instead of Pseudocolour.

That will look rather strange because you'll only get two or three bits
for each primary, but it will mean that you can't run out of colours.

I'll see if I can figure out how to set this up...the documentation
appears to be a bit sparse [unless Alan has any hints].

James