[parisc-linux] itlb miss handler optimizations!

Grant Grundler grundler@parisc-linux.org
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:57:54 -0600

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 07:06:44PM +0200, Joel Soete wrote:

> >osdl-aim-7 benchmark probably stresses both itlb and dtlb.
> >(available from osdl.org - URL is in linux-ia64 archive)
>
> Ok I finaly find it as re-aim-7 sf.net project.

I also pulled bits from sf.net for ia64 testing:
    http://umn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/re-aim-7/reaim-0.1.8.tar.gz

though I know the maintainer planed to change the name since then:
| Apoligies, the naming was not good.
| I'll attempt to change it. ( i like osdl-aim-7 )
| In the meantime, you can also get the source from
|
| bk://developer.osdl.org/reaim
| cliffw

> Just launch (alltest) with
> kernel-64bits+ C.patch . I will let run for the night and relaunch it with
>  tommorrow morning with original kernel-64bits.

I was told to run with:
iota:/mnt# reaim -f /mnt/usr/local/share/reaim/workfile.new_dbase -s100 -e 500 -i 100

You might need to pick -s and -e values that are more appropriate for
the machine under test. This was for dual CPU 900Mz rx2600 with 2GB RAM.

hth,
grant