[parisc-linux] 2.5 -> 2.6 tree switch tomorrow

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 17:39:31 +0100

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 11:11:48AM -0600, bame@hp.com wrote:
> The linux-2.6 tree is now ready for business and the linux-2.5 tree is
> frozen.  Tarball (which could be used to seed a CVS tree) and patch
> at the usual place:
>
>     http://cvs.parisc-linux.org/download/linux-2.6/
>
> FYI We are using a different CVS branch architecture which should be
> completely transparent most of the time.  I'll get a description of
> it out soon.

OK.  Some files were missing from the initial import, so I added them.

However, I can't get a linus branch out of it:

willy@palinux:~/merge$ cvs -Q co -rlinus linux-2.6
willy@palinux:~/merge$ find linux-2.6
linux-2.6
linux-2.6/CVS
linux-2.6/CVS/Root
linux-2.6/CVS/Repository
linux-2.6/CVS/Entries
linux-2.6/CVS/Tag
willy@palinux:~/merge$ cat linux-2.6/CVS/Tag
Tlinus

I suspect this will hinder using cvs-import to add 2.6.0-test3.
Can you help?