[parisc-linux] adding a second nic to B1000

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 17:02:56 +0200

--LjVoae4kcYbOEAMC

On Fri, 2003-08-08 07:46:24 +0000, Joel Soete <joel.soete@tiscali.be>
wrote in message <3F335550.3030804@tiscali.be>:
> geos@canada.com wrote:

> But to load modules, they have to be build for the kernel you are=20
> running (I think that will change in 2.6). So the only  think to do now=
=20

I'm quite sure that won't change, ever. Linux, if it's compatible to
itself at all, has got "only" a source compatible API. You're somewhat
on a more save side if you're using symbol versioning, but if you force
a module to load (into a kernel of different version or even of
different configuration), you may loose. Right now or sometime later:)

That's what "tainting" was ment for:)

MfG, JBG

--=20
    fuer einen Freien Staat voll Freier B=FCrger" | im Internet! |   im Ira=
k!
      ret =3D do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));

--LjVoae4kcYbOEAMC

--LjVoae4kcYbOEAMC--