[parisc-linux] adding a second nic to B1000

Joel Soete jsoe0708@tiscali.be
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 18:04:05 +0200

> Ive been trying for 5 days not to get a second nic
>installed into hp b1000 using pa-risc woody 3
>
>iv read all i can find , been to all the irc chnls
>im at a loss here
>
>it may be the 3com 3C95x pci card does not work in this
>box
>
>it should work with debian
>the card does work in i386 box
>the builtin nic works fine
>
>can this be done? if so is there a howto ?
>if this card is not supported what nic cards are ?

For my part, I run successfully a Debian on a b2k with 2 nic (the builtin
and an additional) since a long time but it is an hp product.

I also try some stuff coming from i386: an OEM hp equinox pci card (which
Grant use successfully on a i386) but the driver doesn't yet work on hppa;
also in the same case an ATI gfx card,... (for this last I am awaiting that
2.6 run on my b2k to investigate more because ATI drivers are already improved
in 2.6 :-))

Joel

Soldes Tiscali ADSL : 27,50 euros/mois jusque fin 2003.
On s'habitue vite à payer son ADSL moins cher!
Plus d'info? Cliquez ici... http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr