[parisc-linux] Terminfo/termcap for a 70096 ...

Nahkola Mikko mnahkola@trinms01.ntc.nokia.com
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 14:37:40 +0300

I tried to ask this question in the comp.sys.hp.hpux newsgroup once but
didn't get any useful answers... anyone here know better?

(yes, I know, this is probably specifically _not_ a problem on
parisc-linux as all the parisc stuff is supposed to have a HP-UX license
in the first place, for some version of HP-UX.)

Is it legal to copy terminfo and termcap entries (from HP-UX in this
case)?

The problem is that HP-UX is pretty much the only thing that comes with a
terminfo entry for a 70096, and we have a bunch of those that could be
useful on other systems too ... except that the scrollback doesn't work
in the emulation modes.

It would therefore be better to be able to run in native mode, but this
pretty much _requires_ the terminfo/termcap entry ...

Oh, and about the cursor keys on the 70096, if I were to put them in the
"application" mode, would that help with bash et al.? They seem to be
working in swinstall and such on HP-UX ... but the default mode seems to
be non-transmitting, right? (yes, I could use that too myself, and
re-enter stuff from the buffer with the print/enter key and do the
line-modify thing... but the others have a hard time learning that.)

--
Mikko Nahkola   <mikko.nahkola@nokia.com>
Tre-IN sysadmin <mnahkola@trein.ntc.nokia.com>