[parisc-linux] A4308A nic

Ard van Breemen ard@kwaak.net
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 07:47:56 +0200

Hi,
I just installed debian on my D250.
Those guys making the network install realy did a good job...
It almost worked out of the box. The only cullprit was that it
crashed on a bluefish FWD scsi controller not having any
terminators on the bus...

Allright,
But now I see this A4308A, a real surprising card, and what I
find more surprising is that I did not find it on the
mailinglist.
The card is an EISA card, which contains a PLX EISA9032, probably
an EISA to PCI bridge (and not v.v.!), an intel 82556, and an LSI
L5A4242. I can understand the plx and the intel, but the LSI?
If I search for these items, I find some 3com EISA cards with the
LSI L5A4242 for sale, not mentioning the intel etc. ...
So I reckon the LSI should be some kind of processor?
I've got some pictures of it (in a few hours actually, my
upstream is not that big):
http://nerdcentral.nerdnet.nl/~avb/2003-08-04.00/

Things I want:
- Any confirmation that it is not supported yet. (Eh, and of
  course that I am not making a fool of myself because I could
  have RTFMd :-) ).
- Anyone with docs on the 3com card.
- If possible on the A4308A card.
- PLX EISA9032, I cannot find it on www.plxtech.com...

And thanks for giving me the pleasure for having an hp9000 :-)
--
mail          up  260+18:54,     8 users,  load 0.00, 0.19, 0.93
mistar1     down   29+18:54