[parisc-linux] cannot install (shellutils)

Grant Grundler grundler@parisc-linux.org
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 22:54:28 -0600

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 02:40:40PM +0200, Joel Soete wrote:
> >I got the install cd by downloading the iso image using jigdo.

> First of all, check the md5sum checksum of the image you download (very
> usefull for big files).

I think jigdo already did.  IIRC jigdo verifies the final ISO image.

> If it is ok tell us more about tools you used to burn this image
> (I use cdrtools on *nix system)

The ISO seems to boot - therefore I'll guess it's something else.
But don't know where to begin without having the box in front of me.
Open the box and make sure everything is clean and all cables properly
connected. Reseat RAM (after grounding yourself). Try again.

grant