[parisc-linux] Re: Presicionbook success

Stan Sieler sieler@allegro.com
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 18:18:26 -0700 (PDT)

Re:

> > The hard disks are removeable, but there is no obvious IDE-SCSI bridge
> > visible. It is build-in inside the laptop (i.e. non-removeable), and it's

> That means the system either has seperate IDE and SCSI controllers or
> has an IDE controller and an IDE_SCSI bridge for scsi disk. I suspect

The IDE to SCSI converter is a small board inside the "cartridge"
(or "case") that forms the removable hard drive.   If you remove a hard
drive, and then open its case up, you'll see the converter board clearly.

It is indeed highly similar to the Acard SCSIIDE product (although possibly
from a different vendor).

BTW, I would not expect either disk to show up as IDE at all.

--
Stan Sieler                                           sieler@allegro.com
www.allegro.com/sieler/wanted/index.html                  www.sieler.com