[parisc-linux] STI fb questions

M. Grabert xam@cs.ucc.ie
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:28:43 +0100 (IST)

Hi,

I have some questions regarding STI fb and Visualize-EG.

My Precisionbook obviously has a Visualize-EG with just 2MB.
So it should be able to display at least 800x600 in 24/32bit and
1024x768 in 16bit, but it refuses to do so. 'dmesg' ALWAYS shows
only 8bit colour depth regardless of the display resolution.

Obviously the standard sti=8/24 sti_font=VGA8x16 is used in the
kernel command line (according to dmesg, however it's not specified in
palo.conf).

My question is know, does STIfb also supports 16bit? How can I force
16bit and 24/32bit colour depths? What does sti=8/24 exactly mean?

Thanks, Max