[parisc-linux] parisc-linux.org kernel

Joel Soete jsoe0708@tiscali.be
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:13:38 +0200

well: clearer this morning, it would just have to become
#    define ide_get_legacy((x)) (x)?15:14

>> #endif
>
>What do you need to know if the legacy irq is to come from superio.

If I well understand the question: nothing because superio_get_ide_irq()
is defined in arch/parisc/kernel/superio.c as:
int
superio_get_ide_irq(void)
{
        if (sio_dev.irq_region)
                return sio_dev.irq_region->data.irqbase + IDE_IRQ;
        else
                return 0;
}

sio_dev being a global var:
static struct superio_device sio_dev = {
        iosapic_irq: -1
};

which is define in include/asm-parisc/superio.h as:
struct superio_device {
        u16 fdc_base;
        u16 sp1_base;
        u16 sp2_base;
        u16 pp_base;
        u16 acpi_base;
        int iosapic_irq;
        int iosapic_irq_enabled;
        struct irq_region *irq_region;
        struct pci_dev *lio_pdev;       /* pci device for legacy IO fn */
};

>Should be we be asking ide_get_legacy(struct pci_device *pdev) ?

IMHO it would be difficult this way; what do you thing?

>I just want to understand this so I (or you) do it right

You have certainly more experience and a broader view (over different platform)
than I (up to you)

Is this actually help?

Joel

Vous surfez avec une ligne classique ?
Economisez jusqu'à 25% avec Tiscali Complete !
Offre spéciale : première année d'abonnement offerte.
... Plus d'info sur http://complete.tiscali.be