[parisc-linux] 64 bits apps

André Luiz Castilhos Magoga magoga@tteng.com.br
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:05:36 -0300

Hi, I’m a software engineer in Brazil, working with Linux System
Development and IPF and PA-RISC based machines.
I started to read this mailing list just a few weeks ago and first I’d
like to say you guys are doing a great work in this project!
After study the patches you released and browsing this mailing list I
was wondering why are the issues with the use of ELF64 binary format for
the apps? Is there any problem with the use of ELF64, or you have any
project goal that doesn’t recommend its use?
Another question I have is regarding the 64 bits development tools (for
apps) current status. What are the recommended tools to generate 64 bits
apps?
Sorry if I’m asking some pretty obvious questions (or if you had to
answer them a hundred times!! :-))), but I wasn’t able to find an answer
in the mailing list archives.
I would appreciate very much your answer for my question, because I’m
very interested in running 64 bits apps in Linux/PA-RISC and I can even
contribute some work in this area, if my manager accepts a project
proposal I’m currently doing.

Thanks,
André Magoga
SW Engineer – T&T