[parisc-linux] soft power and power light on 712/60

Derek Ellis Derek.Ellis@us.fortis.com
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 09:16:05 -0600

I wonder if the problem is with the precompiled 2.4.20-pa32 kernel, since=
=20that is what I am using.

Last night I also put my old 500MB HP drive back in and the light & power=
=20switch worked correctly with the 2.4.18 kernel.  I then used the netwo=
rk install CD (with kernel 2.4.20-pa32) to reinstall that drive.  After t=
he install the light & power didn't work, so this leads me to believe the=
re is something with that kernel.

Derek

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 11:23:52AM +0200, Michael Wood wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 08:59:43AM -0600, Derek Ellis wrote:

I've got a problem similar to yours with my 712-60 using 2.4.20-pa32
precompiled. The power light while searching for a suitable boot
media (as it should), then goes on as expected. The power switch does not=

work. With earlier kernels (say 2.4.9-something) it worked. Any advice on=

that ?