[parisc-linux] 9000/802/K250 won't boot with images - serial/stack problem?

Ryan Bradetich rbradetich@uswest.net
30 Sep 2002 15:06:29 -0600

Ah,

I am sorry.  I see the problem now :)

The problem is that /dev/ttyB0 does not have a registered major/minor
number.  We use a local on for the parisc-linux kernel.  Since we
/dev/ttyB0 is non-standard, the regular boot floppy from debian will
not boot this box.  I would suggest getting on from the ESIEE
team provides at:

	http://pateam.esiee.fr/cd-images/testing/

Specifically the images you are looking for have the -PDC in the name.=20
These kernels have the PDC Software Console enabled (which will work for
your system).

Thanks,

- Ryan

P.S. What would it take to get the default debian configs to compile in
the the Serial Mux, and to provide the /dev/ttyB0 from the parisc-linux
port by default in debian?  A patch to the debian def_configs and the
MAKEDEV package?