[parisc-linux] Serial MUX

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@gmx.at
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:31:41 +0200

Hello,

yes, I want to have E55 (and familiy) supported fully,
and I try to help in development (so far it is possible,
it is hard to get access to HP documentation).

To use the E55 (or family) as a diskless server, it works
(so you can reduce noise at the meantime, the disks cannot
be accessed in Linux - yet !).

For such a diskless operation, you need
	- serial console
	- ethernet
	- core system
All three things are running under Linux.
Again, you can use the PDC CONSOLE driver OR the MUX driver.
Both are accessed via ttyB0 at the moment.

Christoph

private:	christoph.plattner@gmx.at
company:	christoph.plattner@alcatel.at