[parisc-linux] firmware update using BOOTP

Frank Cornelis Frank.Cornelis@rug.ac.be
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 23:17:22 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

The FAQ
	7. How can I check if the PDC (firmware) revision is the latest ?
at
	http://www.parisc-linux.org/faq/index.html
says nothing about updating the firmware using BOOTP.
I think it should be put there since it works great and is very easy to
do. I just upgraded a 712 from 2.1 to 2.3 using BOOTP.
The text file included with the firmware patch only talks about using a
tape for updating...uch. Please can someone update that FAQ nr. 7?
Yes, I'm a newbie on PA-RISC, but it should not take _me_ that long... I
have to find everything myself...

OK, lifimage already boots, next is my root NFS ... terrible... :)

Frank.