[parisc-linux] EISA 100 Base-T Ethernet card drivers / 3COM

Harri Haataja harri.haataja@cs.helsinki.fi
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:47:00 +0300

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 01:38:41PM +0200, "Beerse, Corné" wrote:
> > From: Harri Haataja [mailto:harri.haataja@cs.helsinki.fi]
> > > i don't know.  it's worth trying them.
> > Wouldn't it be worth it putting together a small list (or even an
> > active web page) of working devices of any kind on HP-PA hardware?
> > Or maybe just limited to (E)ISA and pci cards or such?
> Best place would be the already available hardware database...
> Is there already a hook to that?
>
> Or on the other hand, does HP have such a list for devices in hp-ux? I
> guess that devices that work on i386 architectures in linux and on
> pa-risc architectures in HP-UX (hence hardware does not bite and
> driver sources are available) should be usable.

I have heard only random rumours and one thingj driving me to Linux is
that HP-UX doesn't support really any cards that might be available to
me. What I'd like to see is a list of "reported working" cards and
drivers. That would ofcourse be nice on other architectures as well.

--
Cat said, "I am not a friend, and I am not a Servant, I am the Cat who
walks by himself, and I wish to come into your cave."