[parisc-linux] X Apps on 712 vs. 735 Was: RTC and FB on 735/125

Yves Bodack bodack@stud.fh-heilbronn.de
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 13:04:08 +0200

From: "James Smith" <james@compusmithllc.com>

> i've had both konqueror & xmms working fine on my 712/60

Yesterday I did a new Debian install on my 712/60, so it's the very same
system as on my 735/125. The difference is, as decribed before, on 735
galeon and xmms run, but they don't appear on screen. While on my 712 xmms
works and galeon showed a setup wizzard and died right after with an error
message. So I wonder, where this different behavior comes from?
Well, only difference is 24bpp X on 735 vs 8bpp on 712...

Greetings,
Yves...