[parisc-linux] Mouse stops working when exiting KDE

jsoe0708@tiscali.be jsoe0708@tiscali.be
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 08:16:21 +0200

>> Hi Brian,
>>
>> Sorry, the last test I do on my b180 and gpmdata as mouse driver does
not
>> work :)
>> (xfree86-4.1)
>>
>Forgot what mouse type you're supposed to tell X you have. Just tried it
>
>on my i386, and had a hung mouse real fast! I thought it was Imps/2, but
>
>obviously not...
>
>You are right -- if you return to the console with control-alt-F[1-6],
>and then back again, the issue clears up. It's a well-known but
>irritating "solution"

Ah, I am not an 'e X pert' :)) and I am ignoring (thanks).

In the mean time, I recieved a mail from Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
proposing it is help. He will need some help with 'try an experimental debugging
X server package. Ever used gdb to attach to a running X server before?'.

If you feel more competent (I am not very capable in X field) and more time
(than I) I can send you its answer?

Cheers,
    Joel