[parisc-linux] hardware newbie question...

Stephen J de Vries paulhill20@juno.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:09:14 -0400

I have a HP 712 that I'd purchased recently.

My question is:

Can I use a PC monitor, keyboard, and mouse to boot the thing up?  If so,
does the monitor have to be a multisync or something special?

In addition, HP-UX is on the hard drive but is locked down.  I was
thinking of buying an external CD drive and attempting to load debian
0.93.  Can anyone recommend a place to buy the CD drive that they have
dealt with?  I also have a network so I could attempt a network install
but I am not sure what minimum requirements I'd need to fulfill for that.
 Is my approach the right one?

Thanks for the advice...

Stephen de Vries