[parisc-linux] Re: B1000

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:43:29 -0600

Yasholomew Yashinski wrote:
>  Heya Gents,
>
>  I hope all is well. I see that Debian 3 is available now for hppa, so I
> recently burnt it to try on my B1000. I went to install it tonight,
> however it's rebooting with:
>
> High Priority Machine Check (HPMC): Code=1 regs=102f3080 (Addr=000000000)
>
> and on the LCD: FLT CBFB4

FLT CBFB4 is HPMC. Odd that it dies with an HPMC.

Can you send "ser pim" output to parisc-linux mailing list?
(hint: setup serial console to capture that)

And can you try one of the more recent net install ISO's from ESIEE?
See www.parisc-linux.org front page for links to ESIEE downloads.

>  as soon as it hits Init/BusyBox. Am I to assume the A4977a Vis EG-PCI is
> still unsupported? If so, any idea when it will be supported? If it is now
> supported, any idea what needs to change on my end?

Vis-EG PCI is supported and working as a Frame buffer.
That's known to work on B180/C200/B2600/C3000 and probably a few others.

grant