[parisc-linux] RTC and FB on 735/125

Steve Pacenka spacenka@lightlink.com
24 Sep 2002 11:10:15 -0400

On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 07:42, Yves Bodack wrote:
> From: "Steve Pacenka" <spacenka@lightlink.com>
> Subject: Re: [parisc-linux] RTC and FB on 735/125
>

> > Could you please post your experience at getting X applications to work
> > now that you have X and a desktop?  I got basic gnome things to work
> > flawlessly, but failed on my 735/99 with xmms, xemacs, and galeon or
> > mozilla.
> Galeon/Mozilla and XMMS start up, but they don't appear on screen and give
> no errors. xemacs can't be installed, while dselect misses some dependent
> packages.

Thanks for posting the results.

Those are basically the same problems I encountered a couple of months
ago.   I also tried to compile Xemacs from source and it suffered a
runtime startup failure.   It's puzzling how the Gnome desktop and KDE
work well with all of their complex shared library and data file

> I'm running KDE, that is slow but proper. And I have a woking browser at
> last.

Aha, Konqueror.  Thanks for the hint.  I can set up my demo 735/99 with
KDE, Konqueror, and KMail.

-- thanks, SP