[parisc-linux] SMP problems

Jeremy Drake jeremyd@apptechsys.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 01:48:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Arto Jantunen wrote:

> Any news on the SMP trouble on PA-8200 and similar? Someone said that he
> would be working on it last week. I heard some stuff about it working on
> 64-bit kernels, but 64-bit crashes immediately on my box, SMP or no SMP.
> I would really like to get this monster doing some real work, so any
> news is good news.
I don't know exactly what hardware you have, but my J5k is chugging
happily along running 2.4.19-64-smp from sid, and the only problem I have
encountered as of yet is a lockup when starting setserial on boot.  Other
than that, it seems to be as stable as uniproc 32-bit.  Whatever hardware
you have, I'm willing to bet that it isn't a J5k, and any differences
involved may complicate things, so (as always) YMMV.

Good luck...