[parisc-linux] Mouse stops working when exiting KDE

Bryan W. Headley bwheadley@earthlink.net
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 18:44:20 -0500

Derek Engelhaupt wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Currently when my system boots up the X11 login window starts up
> automatically and I can log in and use it normally, but when I log out
> the mouse quits working.  The X11 login window appears again, but the
> mouse won't move anymore.  I'm just using a standard PS/2 HP 3 button
> mouse - nothing fancy on my C180.  Also, why is it that Konqueror won't
> do https sites?  And if it will what could possibly be the problem with
> that?  Thanks.

I assume you are running the gpm mouse daemon as well. If you tell X to
use the gpm mouse (/dev/gpmdata), you should be okay. Personally, I just
turn off the gpm daemon, because I don't need a mouse in console mode.

(It's not a parisc-only bug: I see this on virtually every Debian platform)

--
Bryan W. Headley - bwheadley@earthlink.net