[parisc-linux] SMP kernel problems on a D350

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 16:20:18 -0700

> Would be nice to have a proc interface for this.
> I would like to do consecutive testing with it
> enabled and disabled.

ftp://ftp.parisc-linux.org/patches/unaligned-procfs.diff

legolas:/home/randolph# cat /proc/sys/kernel/unaligned
Unaligned trap handler is enabled
legolas:/home/randolph# ./t; echo $?
0
legolas:/home/randolph# echo 0 >> /proc/sys/kernel/unaligned
legolas:/home/randolph# cat /proc/sys/kernel/unaligned
Unaligned trap handler is not enabled
legolas:/home/randolph# ./t; echo $?
Bus error
138
legolas:/home/randolph# echo 1 >> /proc/sys/kernel/unaligned
legolas:/home/randolph# cat /proc/sys/kernel/unaligned
Unaligned trap handler is enabled
legolas:/home/randolph# ./t; echo $?
0

if someone can review this real quick before i commit it to cvs, i'd
appreciate it. in particular, the point where it decides that the
unaligned trap is not enabled and forces the SIGBUS is not exactly at
the beginning of the trap handler -- it still prints the unaligned
message....

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports