[parisc-linux] SMP kernel problems on a D350

Carlos O'Donell carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:37:24 -0400

> For me, the last kernel that didn't crash on my J5000 in smp mode while
> doing apt-get update was kernel-image-2.4.17-32-smp_23.1_hppa.deb
>
> I wouldn't recommend using it, however...

If I _wasn't_ using my A500 for contiual binutils/glibc/gcc
builds, I'd be testing out the SMP problems :)

When running an SMP kernel and doing multiple compiles, the
box was rather unsuable e.g. random process death.

As Randolph noted to me on IRC, it looks like fixing the mmap
issues we have would be a step in the right direction. When I
get my current projects completed (glibc fixing)... I want to
look at this :) then again, maybe I'll be doing glibc work for
the rest of my usefull days ;)

We also fail many of the LTP tests having to do with
signals, mmap'ing, and direct IO.

c.